Redemption process (click to expand)
TIP: Save your virtual card on your phone for ease of access.
- Note the Discount Dining terms & conditions.
- Browse the site and choose a restaurant.
- Note the restaurant's availability and any exclusions & restrictions.
- Contact your Club (Mon – Sun, 7.30am – 8.30pm) and quote your membership number.
- After being authorised, you will be transferred through to Discount Dining, whereby the agent will:
- Process your booking (at the restaurant of your choice).
- SMS you confirmation of your booking.
- (No authorisation = No discount)
- Upon receiving your authorisation SMS, visit m.discountdining.co.za on your compatible mobi device.
- Select "Virtual Card" & enter your membership number.
- Present your virtual card to the Manager on arrival at the restaurant prior to being seated.
- Present your virtual card to the waitron prior to requesting the bill to claim your discount (less expensive of the main meals, up to a maximum of R100).
For enquiries, contact your respective Club (Mon – Sun, 7.30am – 8.30pm).
Terms & Conditions (click to expand)
The 2 for 1 Dining Benefit redemption process may differ at certain restaurants. Any change will be communicated upon booking. In consideration of service rendered at the restaurant, a gratuity of at least 10% based on the original bill would be appreciated.
- The Discount Dining benefit is provided by Backbeat Dining (www.backbeatdining.co.za).
- The 2 for 1 Dining Benefit entitles you as an active member to a discount on the cheaper of the main meals, provided:
- you are dining with at least one other person; and
- no less than 2 main meals and 2 drinks are purchased per (physical or virtual) card from the participating restaurant concerned; and
- you have not exceeded your visits for that month (where applicable).
- The discount is equal to the cost of the cheapest main meal ordered by your party, subject to a maximum discount of R100.00 (one hundred Rand).
- The 2 for 1 Dining Benefit:
- can only be redeemed at participating restaurants. We shall be entitled, in our sole and absolute discretion, to amend the list of participating restaurants from time to time. We shall endeavour to promptly update our website as and when any changes are made;
- is based on the participating restaurants standard prices and is not applicable with any special offers, promotions, gift cards or loyalty programs;
- cannot be used when purchasing takeaways;
- may have restrictions (including availability restrictions) and exclusions imposed on certain restaurants e.g. Lunch only, Mondays only, Excluding Valentine's Day etc. Please view the individual restaurant pages on the Discount Dining website for offer validity, exclusions and restrictions;
- can be used multiple times in one day but not more than once in the same restaurant on the same day (where applicable).
- Two Discount Dining cards may be used per table (1 card per 2 people) at the majority of Discount Dining partner restaurants. Certain restaurants however may impose a 1 card limit. Please view restrictions on the individual restaurant pages on the Discount Dining website for more details.
- In instances of bookings with multiple cards, the restaurant concerned may impose additional requirements on party size. This can be confirmed with the Discount Dining concierge when booking.
- In instances of bookings with more than card, one member must call to authorise and book on behalf of the other members, provided they are able to produce all therespective membership numbers.
- In instances of tables with more than 2 patrons, separate bills will not be permitted.
- No sharing of main meals is permitted when using the Discount Dining benefit.
- You are required to contact the Discount Dining concierge prior to dining to:
- authorise your membership (invalid memberships will be declined authorization);
- check availability of the offer;
- determine whether restrictions or exclusions apply at the restaurant at which you intend dining;
- make a booking, where possible.
- Telephonic bookings - must be done at least 15 minutes prior to intended dining time. Online bookings - must be done at least 1 hour prior to intended dining time. Should you wish to dine within a shorter period of time, please call us to book. Some restaurants do require an extended booking notice. This can be confirmed with the Discount Dining concierge when booking. Discount may not be granted if insufficient notice is given.
- Should you wish to cancel or reschedule a booking please contact the Discount Dining concierge prior to your original booking time.
- Upon arrival at the restaurant and prior to being seated, you must produce your valid Discount Dining membership card with Backbeat Dining logo and confirm the authorisation/booking with the Manager. The card must be produced again upon requesting the bill with the waitron.
- Cards are non-transferable. Restaurants reserve the right to ask for proof of ID. Card validity will be checked and any invalid cards will result in your discount being denied.
- Participating restaurants reserve the right to vary prices, times and availability of the Dining Benefit.
- Discount Dining accepts no responsibility for the quality of service and/or meals at any of our dining partners. Furthermore, Discount Dining will not become involved in any non- Discount Dining related disputes between members and dining partners.
- Failure to adhere to, or any attempt to circumvent the Discount Dining terms and conditions, will result in your membership being terminated.